Disassembly (Home Media CE)
This is an article on how to disassemble the IOMega Home Media Network Hard Drive CE with step by step instructions.
|Warning: Carrying out this procedure probably voids your warranty. You do this all at your own risk!|
1. First unscrew the two screws at the back end of the device as shown in the picture below. Following this pull out the plate that you have just unscrewed.
2. Push the innards of the device out through the front by pushing gently through the back as shown by the arrows below.
3. Ta-da! You now have the hard disk and PCB out of the device.
4. If you want to take the hard disk out look at the side of the assembly that holds the hard disk and the PCB together. There are two screws on each side as shown in the picture. Remove these screws.
5. Now slide the hard disk out carefully in the direction shown below.
6. Congratulations, you have disassembled your Home Media device!